Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Application -- Holinyx EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Application -- Holinyx EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Application -- Holinyx EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Application -- Holinyx EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Application -- Holinyx EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Application -- Holinyx EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Application -- Holinyx EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Application -- Holinyx EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Application -- Holinyx EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Application -- Holinyx

2 posters

Go down

Application -- Holinyx Empty Application -- Holinyx

Post  Holinyx Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:54 pm

1) Are you at least 30 years of age? 38 years old. Old enough to remember 2nd Edition DnD and Nirvana.

2) If you have a forum name on the official Never winter forums, then please provide it. What is your @handle in game? I'm on the Arc Client forums, my handle is Holinyx and in-game i'm at @holinyx. My character names are Gomex, Holinyx, Cobble, Lazzaruss, and Mortalis. Looking forward to also playing whatever new class they come up with. I heard it was Scourge Warlock but am still hoping for Monk.

3) How would you best describe your play style while in party with others? Depends on the class i'm playing. Currently playing Rogue, trying to stay on the opposite side of the Tank, dropping smoke bomb whenever it comes up, trying to do the most dps i can without pulling aggro. In dungeons i like to disable traps but 9.9 times out of 10 the whole groups blows past me while hitting the traps like they don't exist. lol. silly fighters. *Tempus! /skewer* Basically i try to put myself where i'm needed most. I'm not trying to out damage everyone else. I'm trying to win the fight. Most groups i've been in seem to be "pull everything in sight and AoE it" so i've had to adapt and adopt a stealth heavy rogue, which can be fun. It's also fun when i'm the only one left alive and i win the fight, which has happened and it was glorious.

4) Why would you like to join Tyrs Paladium? I have been looking at guilds for awhile now and I had not found one that felt like it would be a good fit. I visited the "Founders" guild recruitment section and noticed you guys ad from back in 2012. googled you and found this site. DnD heavy guild, older people, what's not to like? Smile

5) How do you feel about grouping in game for dailies and or HEs in IWD? Grouping is why i got into MMOs but I do like my PvE questing solo time. I'm slow, i like to look around and explore; most people tend to blow and go. I'd look forward to guild grouping in Dailys, Dungeons and the like.

6) Please tell us a little about yourself and your prior gaming experience. Well i could start this off with grand tales of my Atari 2600 but i'll start a little more recent. Started Everquest back in 2000 and played for 8 years. Never played WoW. Have played DDO, EQ2, Warhammer Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, and lots of different stuff on Steam, which is where i first heard about Neverwinter. I was having lots of fun in DDO but i hit a wall once i could not figure out how to get past level 14 or so, i could not find any additional content. quickly grew bored. I've been playing NW for about a month now, and am hooked. I have several characters, all level 30 so i can take advantage of the extra slot for doing Leadership. my current highest and main is my rogue, Gomex, who is about level 52. My name is Beau, (Bo), I'm married with 2 sons. I live in Louisiana. (insert squirrel eating joke here) I'm also on the Autism spectrum having gotten my diagnosis back in 2007 around the time my children were both diagnosed. Logic and Reason dictates my life and also carries over into my gaming habits. I feel it makes me more of a team player as being a team player makes the machine run more smoothly, if that makes sense. I did 4 years in the USAF, where i was in Air Transportation, mostly loading cargo planes such as the C-130 (my most favorite plane ever), the C-5 and C-141. Being stationed in New Jersey however was terrible. I did get to go to Spain, Greece, Africa and a few other places so it wasn't all bad. I've been into Fantasy and DnD ever since i walked into "Little Wars" a little specialty shop in Baton Rouge back in 1987. I sat in on a few tabletop sessions and i've been hooked ever since. I do not currently own any 4-5th edition books. I've been reading R.A. Salvatore since 1990 or so. Wheel of Time and GoT, Brandon Sanderson has a few great series as well. This is probably way more information than you wanted but this is what happens when you ask an autistic person an open ended question.  Rotflmao 

7) Briefly describe your most memorable moment while gaming. *blank stare* That 9 hour corpse run in a failed raid on the Plane of Fear in vanilla Everquest was pretty epic. ya see this Dracolich was camped on the zone in and well....it was kinda hard to run past an angry Dracolich whilst being naked. add Dial up internet on top of that... Good Memories? I'd say the people. I've met lots of fun people over the years.

8) How did you hear about Tyrs Paladium? Saw an ad on the Arc forums and googled you guys

9) Do you agree to abide by our Guild Rules? Of Course.

10) How do you feel about participating in guild chat in the game, and the forums outside of game? I look forward to it.

Holinyx

Back to top Go down

Application -- Holinyx Empty Re: Application -- Holinyx

Post  Commodore Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey Holinyx thanks for seeking us out! That was an awesome application, thanks for taking the time to do it.

No time to waste, I think you'll make great friends here in Tyrs Paladium, so welcome to the guild!!!  Celebrate 
Commodore
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Holinyx Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:38 pm

oh wow, awesome, thank you Smile

Holinyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Changed his mind.

Back to top Go down