Tyrs Paladium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Kappsie application
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm by Rhoric

» Application
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:08 pm by Ghosty2A

» Possible Application
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm by Getcarter22

» Application for @rumrunner151
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 am by willi

» Possible Application
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - Arammes
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:50 pm by Commodore

» Application
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm by Paks

» DDO Application - RixSosltice
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am by Commodore

» Kyrsha Morgaine - 25 wiz
Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:36 am by Commodore

Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED!

Go down

Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! Empty Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED!

Post  Commodore Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Level 1 Spells
1st lvl spells, Base spell cost 10, 5th slot (max) gained at lvl 7.

Burning Hands is a staple low level AoE dmg spell. This spell, through relatively easy means of low level combustion/potency items can deal massive amounts of fire dmg. This spell fires a cone/fan of flame starting at the caster. I would say the arc is between 45-90 degrees straight in front of the caster. The dmg is 1d4/lvl (max 5d4). It allows a reflex save for half. It is a dmg spell and therefore not subject to SR. This spell began to not be as good as better replacements from higher lvl spells arrived and items to boost them. This spell can be max/emp/heightened and quickened.

Cause Fear
Is a single target mind affecting fear based spell. This spell if failed against will cause your target to usually turn away from you and run away...sometimes in circles...sometimes just up against a wall. It is a will based spell so better targets would be tank/rogue types. The duration is about 6 seconds per caster level and cannot be broken like hypnotism. This spell can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened. This spell has a medium range. Decent low level cc spell to mix with Hypnotism.

Charm Person
is a great spell despite its available targets. Any target humanoid (humans, hobgoblins, kobolds, etc) that fails its save will fight for you in melee or cast its spells for a short duration. This spell has a will save as an initial and is allowed to save again every dozen seconds or so...it is an actual roll like 3d6+11 seconds or something similar to that. This spell is great for initiating combat...sneak up..charm the closest mob and begin your cc with no aggro starting on you or your companions. This spell has medium range and is subject to SR, can be enlarged/extended/heightened and quickened.

Chill Touch will cause 1d8/lvl (max 5d8) negative energy dmg to a single target w/i close range. In addition to the dmg they will receive 1 point of str dmg, or if undead become feared. If you max/emp this spell you may deal up to 3 points of str dmg. This spell may be max/emp/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Detect Secret Doors is honestly best used as a wand (specially lvl 10 wands). Although if doing new quests, the min/lvl duration will let you go from shrine to shrine being able to detect all secret doors. Good spell, just wont find time in my prepared list. Can be extended and quickened. Self only.

Expeditious Retreat poor man's haste. Had I a few more spell slots, I might prepare this one for running between hastes. This spell will increase your base movement by 50% for 1 min/lvl and may be extended and quickened. Self only.

Feather Fall comes in handy in earlier quests when most do not have access to feather fall items but quickly becomes obsolete I would say around 5th lvl and higher now. It allows you to float slowly in the air landing safely below avoiding all dmg from falling within the duration. This spells duration is 1 rd/lvl and can be extended/enlarged and quickened. It has a smaller radius effect than most spells. Roughly 1/2 that of haste.

Grease with so much potential from PnP...just does not translate well to DDO...mainly due to not being able to heighten it currently! This spell will cause an area to be covered in slippery goo...which gives all in AoE a reflex save or falls down. This spell affects allies, make sure they have freedom of movement. If you succeed at the save you must make a balance check to be able to move in the area, DC 10. You must make these checks every round within. Strategically used with a competent group this spell could be a boon...but lets just say there are lots of excellent choices out there. The duration on this spell is 1 rd/lvl. It has a medium range and an AoE equal to solid fog radius. It can be eschewed/enlarged/extended and quickened. Be prepared to get HELL or LOLs from unsuspecting party members...

Hypnotism is an AoE will save crowd control spell. This spell if failed against will fascinate targets in the AoE which is roughly as large as most AoE spells haste/slow/etc. Once hit a target will be freed and is able to act normally. The duration the targets are hypnotized seems to be a set duration most likely 1 rd/lvl which ends up being over a min at lvl 11. This spell can be affected by heighten/extend/enlarge and quickened. This AoE spell surprisingly works in pvp also. This spell bestows a -2 will save to those under its effect for the full duration. An excellent cc spell that I keep prepared a AT ALL TIMES. Works on Orthons in the vale (if you are built with a high spell penetration)!!

Jump scales with level increases at certain levels. At lvl 1 it grants +10 bonus to jump skill for 1 min/lvl and can be extended/eschewed/enlarged and quickened. At lvl 5 it bestows a +20 point increase to jump checks. Finally at lvl 9, will give the target +30 which is also the max allowed from this spell. Currently it is believed that the jump skill caps out at total modifier of +40. This is another spell I keep prepared but rangers have access to this as well. Targeted spell.

Mage Armor provides a flat +4 Armor bonus to your AC. It lasts 1 min/lvl and can be extended and quickened. This will not stack with other armor bonuses. It does stack with different bonuses to AC...will stack with shield, barkskin etc. Being made of force this spell should be effective against incorporeal creatures to raise your touch AC. If you feel you need to jack up your AC as best as you can, this spell does help. A clickie or item that grants an armor bonus does the same thing and dont usually have this prepared...my main focus is staying out of combat. Targeted spell.

Magic Missile. 1d4+1 force dmg to single target which strike unerringly. No save, and not subject to SR. Can be enlarged/max/emp and quickened. This spell is completely blocked by the Shield spell. You receive a second bolt at 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th max 5 bolts.

Master's Touch. Divination. Range: Personal. The caster gains proficiency with all simple and martial weapons for one minute per caster level. Not available except upon level up selection until Mod 6.1 at earliest. See post #5 below.

Merfolk's Blessing. Transmutation. Grants one ally per caster level a +10 enhancement bonus to Swim, plus one per two caster levels. Not available except upon level up selection until Mod 6.1 at earliest. See post #5 below.

Niac's Cold Ray. Reflex negate cold spell. Decent (just behind Cone of Cold followed by Polar Ray) heightened vs Velah the Dragon. This spell has the opportunity to do massive dmg. Empowered/Maximized/High Fire/Cold dmg Enhancement/Superior Potency I+ or Glaciation item with an upper Ice lore item spell doom for any vulnerable to cold. It is a ray spell and thus needs to hit to do dmg. The dmg is 1d10/lvl max 5d10. It can be heightened/enlarged/max/emp/eschewed an quickened.

Nightshield is a twist on the shield spell also self only. Grants a +1 resistance bonus to saves (+2 at 6th, +3 max at 9th). Will also block magic missiles and force missiles. This is for those of you who dont want to slot a resistance item. Not bad if you swap your resistance item during adventures around alot too...for those times being caught without it equiped will still give you +3. Upgrade your emerald claw or silver flame amulet a 4th time and turn in the trinket to be able to choose either the Cloth of the Faithful or Raiment of the Fervent robes which both have a 1 charge CL 12 nightshield clickie.

Obscuring Mist creates a misty vapor around the caster, obscuring all sight, giving all creatures in the fog concealment (attackers have 20% miss chance). Obscuring mist can be burned away with fire spells that hit the area of the mist. Can be extended/enlarged and quickened. AoE similar to solid fog.

Protection from evil
normally does a bunch of kool things...although in DDO players will only be able to currently benefit from the +2 AC and saves vs evil (Sacred bonus unconfirmed but will stack with resistance). Players are already immune to Charm per DDO but will block vampire/mind flayer dominate. This spell will not protect vs Hold spells. Single target, close range. Duration lasts 1 min/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened. This spell is passive on a Fragment of the Silver Flame which is a drop in the Vampire quest in House P.

Ray of Enfeeblement is like one of the few spells that will affect Paladins/Blackguards/Warforged/Batmans or any high save class combos. It applies a penalty to the targets strength by 1d6+1/lvl (max+5). This spell has no save but is subject to SR. It is a single target ray spell. The penalty lasts for 1 min /lvl. It can be extened/enlarged and quickened.

Repair Light Damage One of the many repair spells used to heal warforged...only. 1d8+1/lvl repaired. Can be enlarged/max/emp and quickened. I am not a fan of healing duties so next spell.

Shield bestows a +4 shield bonus to casters AC, and is self only. In addition it will block all Magic Missile bolts for the duration of 1 min/lvl. This spell can be extended and quickened and does not stack with other shields or shield bonuses. This spell should not protect vs Force Missiles but currently does. I have this or nightshield prepared all the time.

Shocking Grasp
does 1d8+1/lvl electrical dmg. Has close range and may be enlarged/max/emp/heightened and quickened. Single target.

Sleep is another of those radius spells similar to slow in that when casting it...it is best to do so on non moving targets so that the effect can "catch" the targets. This spell has a 5 HD cap and I never used it much past lvl 2. Can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Summon Monster
I like all later summon spells are found wanting...their CR is far too low to be effective in over 90% of fights. Their dmg is dismal as is about everything else about them. At this level it is a celestial dog. The cooldown timer is very long for this line of spells. Can be eschewed and quickened.

Tumble has found its way into my prepared spells come mod 4. Not only allowing me to do kool backflips etc but also reducing falling dmg without a featherfall item on....I confirmed this will affect the falling dmg during reverse gravity in the Reaver raid. With a low 30's tumble score I was able to jump off the gianthold tor bridge to the bottom without featherfall on and take minimal dmg. The duration is 1 min/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened. This may be cast on self or your target.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Commodore
Commodore
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter
Tyrs High Council - Tyrs DDO Chapter Guild Second/Co-Founder - Tyrs Webmaster and Recruiter

https://tyrspaladium.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! Empty Re: Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED!

Post  Commodore Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:33 pm

2nd Level Spells
Base spell cost 15, 5th slot (max) gained at lvl

Blindness is an effective spell when used on the right targets. It will cause your target to be under the effects of being blind which for archers pretty much shuts them down and will fire randomly. Blindness comes with other penalties in pnp but am unsure which ones carried over into DDO...mainly due to blind targets still tracking me like a hound and shooting me at range. This is a will save spell subject to SR that will not affect things like undead, oozes, and vermin. Can be enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Blur. Excellent use of spell slot for Wizards. Buff entire party extended to reach any shrine or completion of short quests. Gives a 20% miss chance to any attacking the target. Normal duration is 1 min/lvl. Works against melee and ranged but not against rays. This spell may be cast on allies, single target. I do not believe this prevents in any way the targeting of non ray spells that need a target. This spell will not stack with Displacement, BUT will last longer. Can be extended/enlarged and quickened. When I first tested this spell and displacement together, their effects did not combine i.e. was not a 70% miss chance but rather they both were checked against every attack. You could miss from either displacement or blur. I recently went back and tested this again to see that my results from intial testing have changed. The effects are not both checked per swing any more. Only the highest form is checked on an attack as it is currently live. I will almost always cast both blur and displacement together.

Bull, Cat, Bear, Fox, Owl, and Eagle
stat enhancement spells all of these spells add a +4 enhancement bonus which does not stack with similar enhancement bonuses to the relative ability. The duration is 1 min/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened. Early on in levels, lacking the ability to use +4 items, these spells are requested by various classes, until they can get house P/J buffs. Once about 7th lvl and higher, this will not be the case. If needed at later levels it might be best to have wands of it....these 2nd lvl slots are very important to me at later levels...they have many versatile and needed spells, of which I have no room for the stat enhancements.

Command Undead I find use for this in earlier and mid levels. I would use it against the skeleton archers to keep them from shooting at myself and other party members. This works similar to charm person/monster but is for undead. See either of those for more information. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. In the desert on bloodstone runs you p*wn with this spell.

Daze Monster is a spell I tried once and never used again. That may sound more harsh than it should be labeled but it will stun the target if it fails its save and doesnt give auto crits like other hold type spells or stun feats such as stunning blow. Too many good 2nd lvl spells to take this in my opinion. Can be enlarged/extened/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

(Updated) Electric Loop is an electrical discharge that strikes a primary target for 1d6 per two caster levels electrical damage (max 5d6) then may leap erratically about to other nearby targets hitting each of them with a similar shock. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half. On a failed save, the target must make a successful Will save or be dazed for a short period of time or until they take damage.

False Life is a spell I am rarely without. I cast this once a quest is started and gain 1d10 +1/lvl (max+10) temporary hit points which are taken from first when damaged. The bonus HP last 1 min/lvl which can be extended which I do not advise (duration currently broken as it caps at 10 min). I say that because those HP are a buffer..when they are gone the spells duration expire. It is highly likely you will be damaged for 20 pts before 20 min are up in any given quest. This spell is self only but does stack with every other single temporary hit point boosting effect out there...even items which grant the same type bonus. I always have this prepared. Can be extended/eschewed and quickened.

Flaming Sphere is slightly less horrid since they changed how it should work in mod 4 (now fix ball lightning). It creates a moving ball of fire that acts like a charmed creature and follows you attacking anything it "sees". The dmg still doesnt show from the 2d6 fire it is doing on a failed reflex save and cannot be heightened yet. The duration is decent with the change now, I believe 6 second/lvl. Can be eschewed and quickened.

Fog Cloud is a bank of fog that billows out, obscuring sight and giving all creatures in the fog concealment (attackers have 20% miss chance). Medium range spell that can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened. AoE similar to solid fog.

Ghoul Touch will paralyze your humanoid target...which is like orcs, hobgoblins, player races (non-warforged) etc. for 1d6+2 seconds and gives autocrits if they fail. The range is close and it can be extended/enlarged and quickened. I have liked what I have seen of this spell but due to lack of too few 2nd lvl slots and having hold monster for the same spell cost (heightened), I do not have it prepared. This spell unlike hold monster is a fort save. This should be a good spell for low/mid level wizards. This spell is subject to SR. It can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Glitterdust is still one of the most useful spells in the game. This creates a particle filled AoE radius similar to haste in size cloud that will blind enemies entering and within if they fail their will save while inside the cloud. In addition this will reveal hidden/stealthed/invis monsters. The duration is 6 seconds/lvl and may be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. You should not see a SR check vs blind. As where this is a cloud and will save vs blind, Sunburst lvl 8 is reflex save instantaneous or blind. a heightened glitterdust against tough mobs is highly effective.

Hypnotic Pattern is a spell I have never been fond of...when the cloud spell update came along...this spell was not modified and in my opinion currently is the most difficult to see in/out of/and through. The spell creates a dome of rainbow colors. Any creature that touches its edge...and only the edge...must succeed in a will save or be facinated much like hypnotism. The duration is decent, although all the lingering durations for spells are being standardized and lowered in general during update 4.1 (ended up 1 rd/lvl I believe for the facinate effect). Creatures must save each time they re-enter the AoE until the duration expires. This spell combined with other cloud types cause a big visual mess...forewarned. Can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Invisibility did not transfer from pnp to DDO very well at all. However, this spell can be stacked with other items and skills (move silently/hide) to assist in stealth tactics. Remember the creatures can still hear you when you try to pass them... so the keyword is "tactics". Devs have stated recently that this spell effectively give you +20 to hide and mobs treat the target as hidden. Can be enlarged/extended/eschewed and quickened.

Knock works in a pinch for locked things, single target. It can get very high locked items but is not capable of unlocking everything. The roll is d20 + your casting modifier + CL, if you have a 36 int your roll at lvl 16 can be as high as 49. This is one of those rare spells I swap for in dungeons if needed, but generally have something else prepared in its place. Can be quickened. This spell is handy in part 3 of the Shroud raid in unlocking the pink force doors.

Melfs Acid Arrow has an instant disadvantage in DDO...it is duration based. For instance when cast on a advancing mob...your melee will close and kill it before two tics can go off. This is not always the case but will happen frequently. If cast on an archer in the back all it will do is cause you to be targeted until the melee get to dealing with archers. Its a shame mobs dont have to make concentration checks as this might have been able to cause some spell disruption...but cannot. The dmg even max/emp with superior acid lore/all the acid enhancements maxxed/and a superior potency II + item will just begin to be decent, unless resists are up at 30...but that is a lot of investment for just a decent dmg dot spell. Best part about this spell is no save for the 2d4 acid dmg it does every 2 seconds. Can be max/emp/enlarged/eschewed and quickened. Unfortunately it cannot be extended.

Ooze Puppet telekinetically controls the actions of an enemy ooze, forcing it to change sides. The target is slowed by this spell, but gains additional Fortitude saves every 60 seconds to break free. If the controlled ooze splits, you lose control if the resultant oozes. Rumored to not let oozes under the effect of this spell to split come mod 5. Not holding my breath. Can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Otto's Resistable Dance is always in my hotbar. Its a dream spell at low and medium level content for a caster that has a good spell penetration. My crowd control specced wizard can make anything in the Vale dance. So if you are built right, it can even be useful in some higher end content. This spell is a close range spell...need to be right up on your target to cast. If they fail their will save they will begin to dance....many races have their own dances...try it out on many of them. Undead and those unaffected by mind spells are immune to this spell. Once dancing they will continue to do so for 1 rd/lvl and are NOT allowed a second save once failed. Important to note that attacking a dancing target does NOT break the enchantment. This spell can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened. This spell is subject to SR. This spell bestows a -10 to targets reflex save while under this effect. Niacs Mr fire ele?

Repair Moderate Damage is same as the lvl 1 but add another d8 and increase +1 cap to +10.

Resist Energy has 3 levels of strength. Lvl 3 has resistance of 10 to element choosen. Lvl 7 has resist of 20, and lvl 11 has resistance to element 30 (max). Duration is 1min/lvl and can be extended/enlarged and quickened. These will overlap with Protection from energy a higher lvl spell...the way it works is with both buffs on the Protection will absorb the inital dmg then over into the resist energy. This spell maybe be cast on allies, single target. This spell is available to clerics and rangers, hopefully someone in your group will have it. I have this prepared most of the time now and make sure the tanks have the resistances needed for the task at hand. I ask our ranger to do these if one is in the group, or the cleric unless there is a second arcane with us.

Scare casts cause fear on multiple enemies. See above for details. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Scorching Ray will deal 4d6 fire damage to a single target with a successful ray hit that allows no save and is not subject to SR. At lvl 7 you gain a second ray that hits the same target with the same attack roll. At lvl 11 you gain another ray for a total of 3, each dealing 4d6 fire dmg. This spell has a range equal to fireball. One of the big damage dealers in the game due to high dmg dice per ray and the available items to enhance it. Can be enlarged/max/emp and quickened.

See Invisibility lets you see invisible creatures and objects. Dont know of any invisible objects in the game, but do know of some raid goggles that grant perm true seeing when worn. Superior to this spell of course. Will not reveal hidden creatures in either case. This can be extended/eschewed and quickened.

(Updated) Snowball Swarm is a flurry of magical snowballs that erupt near your target, dealing 1d6 cold damage per two caster levels (max 5d6). A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half.

Spawn Screen will prevent one ally per caster level from rising as undead. Certain rare, extremely powerful undead can circumvent this protection. Can be enlarged/extended and quickened. I hear it is being used in the Abbot, but since thats not a quest I've ever done, cant make a confirmation.

Summon Monster II is a fiendish scorpion at this level but, same as previous version above. Enjoy.

Touch of Idiocy is a spell many people swear by...mainly because it used to be able to drop low int/wis/cha mobs into a helpless state after taking the 1d6 stat dmg to all of those score for 1 min/lvl. I do believe this spell is unable to drop mobs below a 1 stat score in any of the above three now due to it being a penalty to their score, similar to ray of enfeeblement (although if used before contagion being a damage to ability scores will still be able to drop foes below 1 and thus helpless auto crits). It has a range of close as well as the name suggests. The key here is "No save." So it can still be ffective. Can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Web. Used to be the staple CC spell in DDO...has seen some recent changes. Although still highly effective...is not always the answer to your CC options. This spell is AoE and will not affect allies. It grants a reflex to negate (until entered again). Is not subject to SR do to being a conjuration creation spell (making it useful cc vs undead and some vermin). Once a target fails their save and is held fast within they may make a strength check (I believe DC 20) to be free of the effect until they enter again (which has recently been modified as well, mobs gain a brief immunity to the spell once breaking it which lasts only a few seconds but is cheap cheap cheap). The duration for this spell is about 1 rd/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. Note, this spell can be burned away by fire type spells within its vicinity, although it will cause no additional harm to those within. Note: If a player is caught inside a web, they may escape it with a fire shield spell but it must have been cast prior to being caught.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED! Empty Re: Frobozz's Wizard Spell Compendium - Level 1-9 Spells UPDATED!

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:36 am

3rd lvl spells
Base spell cost 20, 5th slot (max) gained at lvl 11

(Updated) Acid Blast creates a gout of acid that explodes on impact, dealing 1d6 per caster level acid damage (max 10d6) to targets around it. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half.

(Updated) Chain Missiles is a missile of magical energy that darts forth and unerringly strikes its target inflicting 1d4+1 force damage. For every 2 caster levels beyond first you gain an additional missile, up to 10 missiles. After striking your target, the missiles explode outwards, striking other creatures near the primary target.

Deep Slumber induces a magical slumber upon a maximum of 2d4 Hit Dice of enemies, rendering them helpless until attacked or for a duration of 1 min per caster level. Ineffective on undead or constructs. A successful Will save negates this effect. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Dispel Magic is single target in DDO. It will roll a caster level check against every ongoing magical effect to remove them, benificial or not. The caster level check is 1d20+CL (caster level) (max+10 from CL) vs a DC (difficulty class) of 11 plus the CL of the person/item who cast the spell attempting to be removed. At 12th lvl your roll would be...for pure casters 1d20+10 (capped at 10 remember) vs 11+12=23. This spell is not subject to SR. Other than CL check there is no save. On screen when used it appears to only work against one spell according to the dice...but if you check your combat log you will see it has been checked against all ongoing effects and whether it has removed or not any spells. Medium range. Also see Greater dispel magic lvl 6. This spell can be enlarged/quickened.

Displacement gives target 50% miss chance when attacked in melee and ranged. The duration is 1 rd/lvl....extended is preferred and lasts about a round per level (6 second rounds). This is a brawl favorite buff for all. This does not stack but will surpress Blur. This spell may be cast on allies, single target. Does not prevent in any way the targeting of non ray spells that need a target. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened. When I first tested this spell and displacement together, their effects did not combine i.e. was not a 70% miss chance but rather they both were checked against every attack. You could miss from either displacement or blur. I recently went back and tested this again to see that my results from intial testing have changed. The effects are not both checked per swing any more. Only the highest form is checked on an attack as it is currently live.

Fireball 90+% of the time I have this spell prepared. Although, honestly I might cast it on average every other quest once. Some quests such as Von 1, I will use it 10+ times max/emp/superior combustion...many other quests, I have it prepared and dont cast it once...depends on my role in the group. This spell will fire up to long range a ball of flame that explodes on impact doing 1d6/lvl (max 10d6) fire dmg to all w/i the AoE which is about the same size as haste radius. A reflex save is allowed for half dmg and is not subject to SR (spell resistance) being a DD (direct damage) spell in DDO. This spell will break barrels, boxes, even some exceptionally well locked doors...hint hint. This spell can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened.

Flame Arrow is a nifty little used spell that will create from a single non-magical arrow a stack of 50 flame arrows. If your a caster that uses bows in adventures this might be a handy spell for you to at least have in scroll form. I have a little ranger I am working on that will be able to use scrolls of this through UMD later in her career. I consider the 3rd level spell to be the weakest of the spell levels based on spell selections so this might very likely find its way into some wizards prepared spells. The arrows themselves can be traded and vanish when exiting the dungeon/zone. Can be quickened.

(Updated) Frost Lance blasts a target with a freezing energy, dealing 4d10 cold damage on impact. The number of blasts increases by 1 ray for every four levels beyond 3rd, to a maximum of three at 11th level. A successful Fortitude save reduces the damage by half.

Halt Undead has recently been brought up to my attention again by a friend in that it gave no save to unintelligent undead. Now I had tested this spell way back and when in Delera's, this spell will halt all those pesky archers that get caught in its AoE...which is roughly the size of the Haste AoE. Unfortunately, undeads best save are their will saves most of the time. So I went into the Chamber of Raiyum to test this on some of the tougher skeletons to determine if they would recieve a save or not. I was thinking prior to testing that most undead over a certain CR/HD become intelligent.. and it seems I was correct...although still able to fail their save as unlikely as it is most times, none of the undead in the wiz king tomb are unintelligent. So a solid early/mid lvl undead spell but in end game, your better off webbing. This spell can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/heightened/quickened and is subject to SR. Attacking the halted undead will NOT break the spell.

Haste my example spell for AoE is such because it is ALWAYS used in every quest that has it available. This should be your first spell once you have 3rd lvl ones. The amount of DPS (damage per second) this spell has the potential of bestowing far outstrips any max/empowered/superior potency spell of even highest levels. This spell combined with bard buffs are outstanding. It causes all within the AoE to move and attack at an increased speed. In addition it gives +1 to hit, reflex saves and AC. This spell lasts 1 rd/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened.

Heroism is the little brother of Greater Heroism and a great spell at low to mid levels. This will bestow on your target a +2 to hit, saves, and skill checks for the duration of 1 min/lvl which can be extended/enlarged and quickened. I used to have this prepared all the time.

Hold Person is the first spell in the hold line. It works on humanoid targets only. These are races like players can choose, half-orcs, hobgoblins etc. This spell is a will save negate, if failed will stop the humanoid fast and will be vulnerable to auto-crits from both melee and ranged weapons. This spell will last 1 round per level (6 second rounds) but allows a save every 2 seconds. This spell is subject to SR and can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Lightning Bolt This spell had some issues early on but seem to all be worked out now...similar in dmg and save as the above fireball, this spell does electricity dmg in a straight line out to its long range. If you line up the bad guys correctly, you can easily get 3 or more targets covered in one bolt. An easily obtainable item, through guild, auction house, or trade is the Lightning Rod...a quarterstaff that give a 40% bonus to 3rd lvl electricity spells and lower. It comes from the end of Von 4 and is useable around lvl 4. This spell can be enlarged/eschewedmax/empower/heightened and quickened.

Magic Circle Against Evil casts Protection From Evil on multiple targets (does not have to remain within 10'), granting a +2 deflection (actually is a sacred bonus) to AC and a +2 resistance (is also a sacred bonus) to saves versus attacks from evil creatures. Targets are also warded from magical mental control and compulsions which mainly are vampires and mind flayer dominates at the moment. In a full group this is a great spell to have prepared. Cost less than the single casting version on everyone, stacks with all other items/spells other than itself, and its a 3rd level spell that isnt too bad of a choice over others. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened.

Protection from Energy will grant a elemental absorbtion or 10 pts/lvl of the element choosen max 120. This spell overlaps with resist energy for the same element types...see above. The duration is 1 min/lvl which can be extended but will expire once all the elemental protection points have been used. This spell maybe be cast on allies, single target. Most of the times you will not want to extend this spell. If you know you are going to need it for an upcoming part of an instance...it more than likely will be expended, so dont waste the SP unless needed. Can be extended/enlarged and quickened.

Rage will give those affected +2 moral bonus to Str and Con as well as a +1 to will saves at the cost of -2 AC. This spell stacks with madstone rage...tanks like that part. I dont mind the extra HP honestly. The duration and number of targets affected is a bit off compared to other spells...at 14th level will affect 5 targets... Thats something like 1 target +1 per 3 caster levels. SO at 15th lvl it should reach 6 targets, and does. The duration is around 1 min + 1 round per caster level...almost 2:30 seconds at lvl 14...extended around 5 min. The radius of this spell is close to that of haste but will randomly choose which targets it hits up to its max. Can be extended/enlarged and quickened.

Ray of Exhaustion will shoot a blue ray of strength sapping magic that will as the name implies make the target exhausted if struck and failing their fortitude save. Exhausted will cause the target to move at a slower speed...I would say roughly half speed. In addition it will reduce their str and dex -6 but not below a 1...as if anything in this game had those low of either stats...but this spell will stack with ray of enfeeblement, so the potential to do 1d6+1/2 CL (max+5) + 6 if failing a fort save for a possible total of -17 str. Unfortunatly this spell would want to be used on alot of the big pounders and most of them have real high fortitude saves. If your hell bent on using this effect try the waves of exhaustion lvl 7 spell on scroll or something...it does not have a save for the same effect and is semi AoE. This spell can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/heightened and quickened. It is subject to SR. The duration is until cured by lesser restoration or better or shrined.

Repair Serious Damage is 3d8 +1/CL (max +15)and can be max/emp/enlarged and quickened.

Sleet Storm creates driving sleet which blocks all sight (friendly and enemy within) and causes the ground around the target to become icy, slowing targets within it by 50% for both friendly and enemy. I do not advise the use of this spell because of its effect on party members visually, the movement portion can be thwarted with freedom of movement or spiked boots. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened.

Slow was my introduction to the cylindical downward dropping purple circle that tried to "catch" the mobs as they ran around. There was one adjustment to these type spells a while back that cut the time in half that it took for the spell radius to "take effect" but in my opinion it could have been reduced another half on top of that. Simply put, unless your targets are standing still dont expect this spell to land on the target you have selected or those in front of it. They will run right out of the radius before it "lands". There are unfortunatly other spells that share this graphical effect...and in my opinion ruined their potential as well. This spell, if effective will cause those who fail a will save to be greatly reduced in movement and attack speed for 1 round per caster level. This is a paralysis type effect (In DDO only) and many creatures out there might be immune, like undead even though they are supposed to be affected by it. This spell can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. Combine with waves of exhaustion or any other effect that will slow your target with fatigue or exhaustion for greater effect.

Stinking Cloud is a terribly potent spell in PnP...and as you might have guessed by other spells opening this way...dont live up to their counterparts. This spell should cause those who fail the fortitude save to become nauseated and unable to take normal actions. What this spell does in play is the mobs run through it to whatever they are aggroed on and continue as if nothing happened. If you are able to catch and keep mobs inside the radius after they fail their save they will just kind of stand there for you to beat on. This spell can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. It is subject to SR. This spell is one of the few crowd control spells that is effective vs vermin (Thanks Galapas).

Suggestion. This spell has a will save and most of the big strong bad guys I use it on dont resist. Causes target to attack (with whatever is their main attack...melee/ranged/spells) nearest enemy. Undead and those immune to mind affects are immune. The spell functions similar to charm person, or command undead. Fixed duration of 30 seconds (guide says 6 seconds per caster level). The spell uses a material component, and seems to work on all mobs I have used it against thus far... from giants to those charging minotaurs. Its like a limited duration charm monster. Currently the suggestion line as opposed to the charm is the only way to get many of the mobs in the shroud to fight for you currently. It can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Summon Monster III gives you a hell hound...otherwise see previous versions.

Water Breathing is available on items with no level requirement. Most will have an item of this by level 5 these days. There should be no reason to prepare this spell or have scrolls of it at all. These items are available on the AH often. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:38 am

4th lvl spells
Base spell cost 25, 5th slot (max) gained at lvl 13

Acid Rain is a unique AoE spell for DDO in that those within the cloud initially when cast will take dmg for the 1rd/lvl duration but those entering the area afterward are unaffected. The spell does 3d4 acid every 2 seconds for every 3 caster lvls and has no save. This is as close to a AoE DOT DDO has. Take a look at Melf's Acid Arrow for my take on those. This spell can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/max/emp and quickened.

Bestow Curse can be will saved against and is subject to spell resistance. It bestows on the single target a -4 to almost all rolls and checks. Combo for non powergamers or when leveling: when you have two casters in your group have one focus on cursing targets and the other doing PK (if they have heighten feat make them the PK person) this combo will (if the curse lands) give even your high fort save targets a -4 to save against the PK on top of the save DC being higher from heighten feat (as long as your 9th level or higher). No material component and the range is about as long as PK. Can be enlarged/heightened and quickened. One of the debuff set spells, see post #3 below.

Burning Blood is a decent pvp spell...used with like a greater arcane lore and superior potency IV+ item can do decent dmg on crits if your target is unprepared or has had resistances dispelled. This spell can be cast at a range equiv of Fireball and will do 1d8 fire AND acid dmg a round on a failed Fortitude save. The target will have to save each round to negate the dmg. This is a fire and forget spell for the most part. On the pve side, this spell is found wanting...most creatures wont be resistant to both energy types but just the sheer number of HP each of them have will cause this spell to not be used much. At best on elite, this will **** off one target enough to chase you around without proper preparation until it dies. This spell is not subject to SR and lasts 1 rd/lvl which can be extened/enlarged/max/emp/heightened and quickened ...all those would make it cost a whole lot.

Charm Monster functions like charm person above but will affect any monster not immune to mind affecting spells...undead, oozes (see ooze puppet and command undead for those) etc cannot be affected by this spell. I usually have this spell prepared for a single target "distraction" that I create when beginning a charge. The mobs near the target will turn their focus onto their former ally and allow your companions to begin their attack without aggro. Great spell, I usually have it prepared. Can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Contagion has one key component...it can damage ability scores below a 1. This is important when setting up combos to make mobs helpless. When used with touch of idiocy or feeblemind can render most targets helpless (although still fighting...just auto-crits). This is a handy tool to use when facing targets that are immune to the normal means of granting auto-crits like hold monster (duegar) etc. Instantaneous, infects a living enemy with the chosen disease, which strikes immediately and deals damage to one or more attributes. A successful Fortitude save negates the ability damage. Some diseases that can be chosen have additional properties, such as blindness. This spell can be enlarged/max/emp/heightened and quickened. The duration causes the target to save every min or suffer the ability dmg again. Once saved against after initial the spell ends.

Crushing Despair would normally be fairly effective but in DDO with all the inflated monster saves etc...has a minimal impact on almost everything (unless stacked on bosses with alot of debuffs). This spell will bestow on those within its cone AoE (actual shape of the AoE is a circle though) a -2 on most skills, saves, to hit, and dmg. It simply is not worth the slot for what most of us face at higher lvls and on elite except boss fights. This spell is negated with a will save. It lasts 1 min/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened . Stop by the 3rd post to see some tactics with this spell and other debuffs vs bosses.

Dimension Door is best to keep in scrolls (have to find them now). It will create a one way portal to the entrance of the dungeon (or last entrance/exit last departed) you are in...this spell may be cast at range if aimed properly to save stranded group members from their peril (falling through floor in wiz king). The duration for the portal is 1rd/lvl. This spell can be enlarged/exteneded and quickened (guide says only quickened). See post #5 below.

Enervation creates a black ray of crackling negative energy suppressing the life force of any living creature it strikes, granting an enemy 1d4 negative levels. If the target has as many negative levels as its Hit Die, it dies. Each negative level gives a creature -1 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, ability checks, and effective level. Negative levels stack. This spell should be able to be max/empowered but cannot be currently...until then I do not think I will have it in a prepared slot (I carry scrolls though). Deathward will block negative level loss. Can be enlarged and quickened.

Fear is a spell you will not see used very often, but I have it prepared most of the time. This spell is a will save that will cause enemies within its cone AoE to become frightened and run away/around if failed...or if saved WILL BECOME SHAKEN. Both frightened and shaken effects have numerous penalties associated with each. Shaken I believe is -2 to atk rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks (but are still able to act normally). So even if you dont land the fear you have weakened them for follow up effects. This spell is mind affecting as well and again those not subject/protected from such effects are warded. The duration of the fear is 1rd/lvl and does not receive regular interval saves to return...they are stuck feared until the duration has expired. This is a back up spell to hold monster especially if there are multiple bunched up tank type enemies. This spell is subject to SR and is a fear effect. Attacking will not break the fear effect. Can be extended/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Fire Shield/Cold Shield will wreath the caster in a shroud of cold or hot flame that does not damage him. Those attacking the caster take 1d6+1/lvl fire or cold dmg when they strike the caster in melee. Ranged and spells will not trigger the damage. Currently the spell is not being adjusted for items that increase dmg such as potency, combustion or glaciation (Thanks darkgolem). This spell does not have a save vs the dmg and is not subject to SR. In addition (fire version only?) will burn the caster out of webs he becomes caught in...but will not burn the web completely. Depending on the version choosen at the time of casting, it will protect the caster from the opposite element. The cold shield grants a 50% dmg reduction on fire spells and cold version vice versa. The spell has a duration of 1 rd/lvl and can be extended/eschewed and quickened. Does not work with empower/maximize currently (thanks Mad MageEater). Due to the 50% elemental reduction...makes this spell great to pick up vs boss mobs that use that type dmg. Pit fiend and DBF.

Fire Trap creates a trap that wards an area. When an enemy triggers the spell by entering the area, a fiery explosion does 1d4 fire damage +1 per caster level (max 20). A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half. Duration: 1 min or until triggered. Can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/ max/emp/heightened and quickened. You could prob even get by without putting this in your spellbook.

Force Missiles is Magic Missiles big brother. I want to point out that this spell IS blocked by shield and incorrectly so, but Turbine has not changed it...maybe an oversight. A increasingly large number of creatures seem able to cast these at higher lvl. This spell functions similar to MM but each bolt does 2d6+2 dmg base instead, one bolt per 4 caster levels. All other effects are identical to Magic Missile. This spell can be enlarged/empowered/maximized and quickened. After 15th? level this spell outdamages magic missile in dmg vs spell point ratio.

Ice Storm is a spell I like to have on a wand...it has no save. This spell does two types of dmg...2d6 Ice and 3d6 Bludgeoning. MrWizard in post #7 below has some words of wisdom on ice storm for you frost mages. Can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp an quickened.

Lesser Globe of Invulnerability is an immobile effect, it will not move with the caster...expected as much though. Still...this spell would have potential but the fast paced movement through quests make it used less...tough call on this...The effect is it negates 3rd lvl and lower spells cast into it...but when entering or initial casting of the spell...will suppress all spell effects. With a tactically minded group this spell could prove useful but will take coordination. The area surrounding the the caster out to about 10' is warded in a "bubble" and allies as well as foes may enter into it but are affected by the spell normally. There is no save or SR to the spell suppression. This spell lasts 1rd/lvl and can be extended/eschewed and quickened. Not quite pnp, but pretty close. Works on psionic blast too

Phantasmal Killer is a Fort & Will save or die spell (Mind effecting which means it will not effect vermin..spiders etc or undead.. basically things without minds or that cannot think)...Now it also is a fear effect which items, spells, and abilities can now prevent. Best on rogue types now.. Cool blue arms of death appear around the target and convince it that it has died... then it dies... maybe it scares them to death... This spell is subject to spell resistance. Takes no material component. Has a medium range. If they fail their will save but make their fort save vs this spell they take a small portion of damage instead.... fixed 3d6 untyped dmg. Can be enlarged/heightened and quickened. Used to have this prepared along with finger of death but have recently retired PK in favor of some other 4th level spells .

Remove Curse will remove all curses on target. Can be enlarged and quickened. Carry potions or clickies.

Repair Critical Damage is 4d8 +1/CL (what are we up to now...max +20?). See previous versions.

Shout The only thing going for it here is sonic type dmg...which isnt resisted much. Otherwise sub-par DD spell that cant be adjusted with enhancements (no sonic). Can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened.

Solid Fog is a spell that has been turned around for the better. Prior to the last big spell revamp...this one was rarley used. These days though, solid fog clickies are very popular for a reason (until the duration nerf and lvl cap increase for Acid Fog). The cloud effect has a vastly improved vision reduction when looking at your screen. It has been changed to be able to still operate while within its AoE. The enemies entering this cloud are slowed dramatically and receive a -2 to attack and damage rolls. There is no save and its not subject to SR. This spell works great in conjunction with cloudkill/web/Wall or Fire etc. Although I recommend you not cast hypnotic pattern inside a Solid Fog...your eyes will thank you. This spell can be enlarged/extended/eschewed and quickened. See post #5 below.

Stoneskin has a costly material component about 250gp per cast but is worth it. Grants DR 10/adamantine to the target. It will absorb up to 10 dmg/lvl max of 150 before running out. The duration is 1 min/lvl or until discharged. Always have this prepared but will rarely extend any of them (most of the time the 150 pts are gone before the 16 min duration is up). Can be extended/enlarged and quickened.

Summon monster IV. I think the spider it summons kind of sucks. It doesnt do good damage from what I have seen, nor can it take much... it has some ranged spit attack it can do in addition to melee but overall not impressed. Has a material component. Oh and long casting time.... also long cooldown time to recast. I could of done without this spell. Can be eschewed and quickened.

Symbol of Flame is a spell I played around with for a while once the new spells were released. It creates a floating symbol of fire at the location selected. Range seemed between that of spells like Fireball and radius close to haste. The symbol will sit in that location for 1 rd/lvl which can be extended. When an enemy comes within range of the symbol it will do 1d6/lvl (10d6 max) fire dmg to all who enter (note guide only say 5d6 dmg). If the enemies leave and reenter they will suffer the dmg a second time etc. This dmg is not subject to SR. This spell can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened. See post #5 below.

Wall of Fire this spell brings into exsistance a wall of fire at a fixed width which does a fixed 2d6 +1/CL (max +20) fire dmg/rd to those within and 2d4 to those close to it (the 2 second ones if I remember right). This spell has no save but is subject to regular elemental resistances and immunities. This spell does DOUBLE dmg to UNDEAD whether resistant or not. This spell can even extend beyond normal physical barriers...castable through bars...doors...etc...play around with the facing/placement of this spell for interesting reach possibilities (not sure how much of this tactic has been negated, I usually dont use it this way). This spell has a duration of 1rd/lvl and can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/max/emp and quickened. I often use this spell on hard to reach archers high above...or just to train all mobs chasing me through it repeatedly. Confirmed multiple walls stack (with your own and others) and most if not all will do damage. If you have the prep time, see what unloading your sp on only these capped out will do to bosses.

Last edited by Commodore on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:34 pm

5th lvl spells
Base spell point cost 30, 5th slot (max) gained at lvl 15.

Ball Lightning in some ways is not as good as its PnP counterpart in that it has no duration but better in others like half dmg on a save I suppose. I usually do not have this prepared in favor of other spells. This spell is an AoE similiar to Fireball in DDO. It does 1d6/lvl (max 15d6) electricity damage. Half dmg on a successful reflex save. This spell is not subject to SR in DDO. This spell can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened. This spell should function like the new version of flaming sphere.

Break Enchantment
is a handy spell for removing harmful stuff. This spell is an AoE that will remove any cloud/AoE/or negative effect (including the crippling effect and flesh to stone) on creatures or places within its area. The only negative effects that are removed are harmful enchantments, transmutations or curses. Caster level check involved is d20+CL vs DC 11+CL of effect to be dispelled. Not subject to SR from enemies. AoE radius is close to what haste is. Can be enlarged and quickened. If not prepared at least carry some scrolls around.

Cloudkill will kill CR 5 creatures or weaker instantly no save. Great for those lower lvl quests solo. Decent duration...as well as long casting time for wizards. The effect on those above CR 5 is con damage at a loss every tick (2 seconds) or so. This spell has a fortitude save. If failed will take 1d4 con dmg, 1/2 for a save. Provides 20% concealment within. Type of damage is poison...so undead are immune as well as others with like immunities, but does work on oozes. Trick with this spell, you have the ability to cast this on a closed gate and have it affect those on the otherside dumb enough not to move. This is a conjuration spell and not subject to spell resistance. Has a medium range. Can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened. See post #5 below.

Cone of Cold. This spell is a cone effect with limited range starting from the casters position. It can be cast with a target selected or not, but if they are not in range it will not hit them. This spell will do 1d6/lvl (max 15d6) cold damage to any caught in the spells cone area. This spell is not subject to SR being a DD type spell. Standard cooldown for standard 5th lvl spells. Half dmg on a successful save.This spell can be eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened.

Dismissal will cause extraplanar creatures to vanish back to their home world instantly...although usually difficult if on elite...this spell does not have a normal save...it factors in the targets HD into the save...it has the normal save DC+ your CL....the creature subtracts its HD from the modified save DC and saves against that new score. I think it is safe to say that most elite extraplanar mobs have double your CL in HD....so your base DC 31 +16 from CL=47 is reduced to on average 17...which isnt that hard of a will save for most extraplanar mobs. Combo this with Mind Fog for better chances at success. Can be enlarged/heightened and quickened. Better higher level version of this is Banishment.

Dominate Person is a longer duration charm person. The save intervals are much longer (10d6+30 sec), otherwise functions the same at a higher DC unless Charm Person was Heightened. I rarley use this spell. It is a will based save to negate and affected by SR. This spell will only affect humanoid type creatures which are all player races and gnolls, bugbears etc. Can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

Feeblemind I have switched to recently for caster types immune to or saved against other types of CC spells. Although I use it only as last resorts when other spells have failed such as charm/dominate, Otto's dance, etc. Its a damn shame this spell does not lower wisdom...only int and cha down to 1...preventing spellcasting without the use of items such as wands. This spell has a will save and is subject to SR. This spell is very effective against other Arcane casters in brawl and deathmatch areas. This spell should give arcane casters a -4 to ave against. Can be enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Hold Monster is melee and ranged attackers favorite thing (unless it was cast on them) all atks on such held creatures are automatic criticals...this means weapons whose effects are crit based will proc every hit (puncturing). Also every hit except on a roll of a 1 will hit the target regardless of AC. This is a mind affecting enchantment and many creatures are immune...like undead. The target once held gets a will save every 2 seconds to free itself in addition to the initial will save to resist. My favorite tactic when I feel like tanking with Vienemen is to hold a target walk up (because good wizards rush nothing) and lay into them with my puncturing weapons. Medium range on this spell and is subject to SR. See the tactics section on mage tanking for more tips with this spell (Thanks for reminder Delixious). Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Mind Fog
will cause a cloud like visual effect in the same size and looks as solid fog but does not slow or hinder your enemies other than a will save to avoid taking a -10 to all future will saves while in the cloud and for a limited duration afterwards. I do not use this spell often because it seems self defeating...if your trying to lower the will saves of creatures to for instance hold them...why would you cast a spell that is will save base to negate? I have yet to find a place in any quest where this is the BEST option to defeat an encounter...or even a combination of this and other spells for that matter (although is nice against air elementals with banishment in reaver raid). Confirm SR? Can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened.

(Updated) Prismatic Ray is a brilliant ray of multicolored light that projects from your finger, blinding weak targets and producing one or more random effects.

(Updated) Repair Light Damage, Mass transmutes the structure of living construct allies to repair 4d8 +1 per caster level damage.

Summon Monster V was decent when solo but the cost/effectiveness of it in groups is limited. It is bulky and can block LoS. It does not do much damage but has elemental immunities. It will also go attack any enemies it sees...even when you dont want it to. Poor excuse for a Golem that can be programmed, or a familiar with a portion of the wizards intelligence. Otherwise see above summons for details.

Symbol of Pain has become one of my debuff set spells. Detailed below are the debuff spells for bosses. This spell will cause all nearby targets suffer wracking pain that imposes a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. The effect is similar to other symbol spells, has a rd/lvl duration for the symbol with long recast time. The pain effect itself lasts 1 min/lvl (has been lowered but not as low as rd/lvl). This will stack with things such as fear's shaken and bestow curse. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. See post #5 below.

Teleport like dimension door is best for scrolls. This spell is closer to its PnP counterpart but still comes short...it will give you a set list of locations to teleport to. This spell is currently the only way to enter the Portable Hole location which has everything a caster needs within. This spell also will only allow you to enter...not any of your companions. Can be quickened.

Waves of Fatigue creates waves of negative energy causing all living creatures to become fatigued. Fatigued creatures take a -2 penalty to strength and dexterity. Can be quickened. Hold out for waves of exhaustion. Both have no save.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:36 pm

6th lvl spells
Base spell point cost 35, 4th slot gained at lvl 14. Last slot @ 17th.

Acid Fog got its place in my prepared spells after Mod 6 went live (due to slow effect, possible atk pen, and acid dmg over time). The 20% miss chance it gives is nice but also has a severe move reduction effect like solid fog...but creatures immune to the slow effect of solid fog are immune to this effect as well. In the amount of time it takes a creature to cross it and get to you..it has taken about 4 maybe 5 rounds of 2d6 acid dmg. No save vs any of these effects or dmg. Duration was maybe as long as haste, about a rd/lvl. If it in fact functions like solid fog it should also give those within a -2 to attack and damage rolls. This spell could see potential with a crit from a lore item or enhancement from a corrosion/acid dmg enhancing item that affects lvl 6 spells. Effective against most red named for the dmg/pen/and slow effects. Update: Did not slow Gnolls...most likely a bug. Can be enlarged/extended/eschewed/max/emp and quickened. Conjuration and not affected by SR. See post #5 below.

Bears, Cats, Bulls, Fox, Owl, and Eagles enhancement, Mass fit in pretty much where the lvl 2 version do. Only difference is all within the AoE.

Chain Lightning will need to be tested a little more but I think the radius may be to small for the AoE. This causes a arcing bolt of electricity to jump from one target to the next within the AoE. As is...just for damage purposes, there is no reason to choose this over Otiluke's Freezing Sphere (dmg types aside). The first target, who gets a reflex save for half, takes x dmg, then x number of additional targets in the AoE take half the normal dmg and also get reflex saves (guide says all take same dmg). Can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened.

Circle of Death snuffs the life force out of living creatures in the area. This spell will kill one target of up to 9 Hit Dice per every 4 caster levels (max 4). A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. Bascially for use on mid lvl quests and lower. Can be enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Create Undead. This evil spell allows you to create several powerful sorts of undead: ghouls, ghasts, or mummies. Created undead are automatically under the control of their creator, but have a chance to resist every 3d12+12 seconds. Choosing lesser mobs will give multiples. Perhaps when we are able to create ones with fast healing like vampires will this be useful. Has a specific costly component, black onyx. Can be quickened.

Disintegrate fires a green ray of untyped energy at the target attempting to vapoorise it dealing 2d6/lvl (20d6 max). This spell does give a fortitude save for partial damage of 5d6 untyped dmg. The best use for this spell is vs undead and constructs. Undead and constructs can only be affected by Fort save spells if they would do dmg to an object, for example. Undead have no constitution score...they get base class fort saves for their type...this on average means they have lower fortitude saves than equal CR mobs. I rarely fail a disintegrate on most undead or flesh to stone on mummy's. By the by, I have crit with this spell for over 1000 dmg...granted crits for this are less than 10% of the time but its nice to see that dmg. Can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened. I usually have ths prepared.

Flesh to Stone was my favorite lvl 6 spell so far. This fortitude save spell which is affected by spell resistance will upon failing turn your target to stone. As stone they have some increased DR but nothing my wiz and a one hander couldnt hack through. They also are not supposed to be able to move...seems some beholders/vampires were not playing by the rules per se. The range on the spell is medium. The duration I believe has a recurring save of about every min. Those without flesh..such as warforged now are immune to this spell. Can be enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. I dont think I have removed this from my prepared spells yet. Equally effective in pvp.

Globe of Invulnerability is immobile hemisphere of abjurative force that should prevent those inside from being affected by 4th lvl and lower spells cast from the outside. Seems most spells are suppressed entering the globe including buffs of 4th or less. I have yet to test all spells into and out of it. Turbine needs to read the description of this and Anti Magic in the SRD. Anti magic suppresses spells...not dispels them...Globes of Invulnerability are NOT supposed to surppress or dispel any currently active spells on those inside when cast. Sure enough when cast, all my current spells are suppressed. Might be bugged. 1 rd/lvl duration. Can be extended/eschewed and quickened.

Greater Dispel Magic removes ongoing spells that have been cast on a target. You must make a caster level check of 1d20 + your caster level (maximum +20) versus 11 + the spell's caster level to remove an effect. Otherwise similar to Dispel Magic above. Can be enlarged and quickened.

Greater Heroism. Does not stack with bard songs. Grants target +4 moral bonus to skills, atks, and saves. Also grants temp HP which stack with everything else... +1/lvl. This spell was a min/lvl duration and can be extended. This spell does stack with persuasion type items for jacking up UMD score. Another important part of GH is the fear immunity during the duration of the spell (Thanks for reminder Riorik). Can be extended/enlarged and quickened.

Mass Suggestion is prob my second favorite lvl 6 spell. This spell has a will save to negate and in most regards works as its lower level counterpart, including a set duration of I want to say 30 seconds (guide states rd/lvl). It was subject to SR and those immune to mind affecting and/or protection from alignment were not subject as normal. The radius is that of most spells such as haste/slow/break enchantment etc, and the actual visual effect looks like slow...purple circle. The speed of the targeted AoE spells have been increase to where I can catch a few while running in a straight line but could still use to be sped up a little more. I label this as one of my oh **** spells. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Otiluke's Freezing sphere had one advantage going for it...it has the longest range of any spell I have currently. This outranged all others I normally have prepared. This is a AoE cold spell which has a dmg cap of 15d6 and a reflex save for half. Nothing really more spectacular about it. The radius was close to what fireball is. The projectile effect has been sped up for these type spells...maybe +1/2 as much as before. Can be enlarged/max/emp/heightened and quickened.

Reconstruct is the arcane version of heal for the forgies. 10 pts/lvl max 150. Can be enlarged and quickened. Unconfirmed % increase to atk speed.

(Updated) Repair Moderate Damage, Mass transmutes the structure of living construct allies to repair 2d8 +1 per caster level damage.

Shadow Walk is hmm...well it makes your surroundings purple...and opaque. The limit of your vision is close range...must guide by overhead map. The min/lvl duration haste is nice but doesnt help much if you just crash into walls or run over ledges. It provides an amount of displacement. Attacking anything or being hit will end the spells effect. Can be extended and quickened. Not effect for most dungeon uses.

Stone to Flesh Shame break enchantment can cure this also...might take a few tries but at least it has other uses. You wont find this prepared or scrolls of it on my person. Too bad it doesnt do anything to earth elementals. Can be eschewed and quickened.

Summon Monster VI is the fiendish troll! Yay, ok see above versions. Although this one can regenerate and immune to fire...hmm getting better.

Symbol of Fear scribes a potent rune of power in the air. When the symbol is activated by a target approaching, all nearby targets are panicked for 1 round per caster level or until the Symbol expires. A successful Will save negates this effect. Panicked is no different than frightened in DDO (see Fear). The symbol spells are some of the few that can be used before closing the planar doors in the prison of the planes quest. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. A mind affecting fear spell. See post #5 below.

Symbol of Persuasion scribes a potent rune of power in the air. When the symbol is activated by a target approaching, all nearby targets are charmed for 1 round per caster level or until the symbol expires. A successful Will save negates this effect. Mind affecting spell. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. See post #5 below.

Tenser’s Transformation causes the caster to become a virtual fighting machine - stronger, tougher, faster, and more skilled in combat. Your mind-set changes so that you relish combat and you can't cast spells. You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +4 natural armor bonus to AC, a +5 competence bonus to Fortitude saves, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. Your base attack bonus equals your character level (which may give you multiple attacks). The component is a potion of bulls strength. Not something I would ever want unless out of spell points and potions. Can be extended/eschewed (according to the guide but costly material components arent supposed to count) heightened nd quickened.

True Seeing will bypass the displacement/blur spells and allow you to target someone without miss chance. In addition it will reveal all secret doors when you come within range. The duration is 1 min/lvl. Can be cast on allies. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened.

Undeath to Death destroys undead creatures in the area. This spell will kill one target of up to 9 Hit Dice per every 4 caster levels (max 4). A successful Will save negates this effect. See circle of death above for my satire. Can be enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:40 pm

7th lvl spells
Base spell point cost 40, 4th slot gained at lvl 16. Last slot @ 19th.

Banishment is the advanced form of dismissal. It will affect up to 3 outsider targets and if the save is failed will banish them back to their home plane. The radius is rather small and most outsiders have a high will save so it is tough to get off but when 3 jariliths pouncing on your friend go poof, its a great feeling. The save is a little complex since it factors in caster level. It is along the lines of your norm save DC for a spell that level plus your caster level. They modify the DC by subtracting their HD and then make a save. 15 HD outsider has this cast on them...they have a +15 will save. My DC for this spell is 42 (28+14 CL) if they roll a 12 or higher they save against it. On normal difficulty, I can get 1 or 2 of 3 targets in the radius 75-80% of the time. I like this spell very much and usually have it prepared. It can be enlarged/heightened and quickened and is subject to SR. By the way, this enlarged is a nice way to begin a fight with some outsiders. Combos nicely with mind fog.

Control Undead I had some high hopes for once I saw those giant skeletons in the madstone crater. Seems there is a cap of some sort on this spell. (Unless it is a buff like blessing of the ancients in the pre-raid) DDO has not released what that cap is...but it for damn sure does not work on the undead giants. Controlled undead get an additional saving throw every 2 minutes. A successful Will save negates this effect. this spell can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened and is subject to SR. Controlling vampires is fun though. Long cool down for this spell.

Delayed Blast Fireball I knew from the first time this was announced it would not be the killer some thought it would. Since we cannot reach its 20d6 cap would limit its effectiveness. This spell creates a ball of fire that detonates on impact, causing an explosion of flame that does 1d6 per caster level (max 20d6) damage to targets around it. It has a second mode to switch from that acts more like the symbol line of spells. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half. This spell can be enlarged/eschewed/max/emp/heightened and quickened. I have not yet tested it with extend in symbol mode. See post #5 below.

Finger of Death has a good range for one, single save or die for two, looks good for three, and just so happens that save is a fortitude! Slays one living enemy. Those that succeed a Fortitude saving throw instead are dealt 3d6 damage. Add this puppy to your spell book and grab your necromancy focus scepter/or a napkin. This spell is able to be enlarged/heightened and quickened...(max and empower do not adjust this spell now:Mod 5). It is also subject to SR. I normally have this prepared.

Greater Teleport went the route of the original teleport with this one as well. It teleports you and all nearby allies to one of a variety of locations. These locations are generally harder to access like the twilight forge area after the caves, or/and dont have current quick access to...ie Zuwabi's. I will be buying many scrolls of this. Cannot be used in public areas currently. Can be quickened.

Hold Person, Mass made my heart sink the moment I cast it and saw the circle radius sink onto my targets as it was charging me...and completely missing the first wave of enemies because the graffic has to catch up....yes my friends, they did this spell an injustice, it could have used the same mechanic of say hypno or greater command...but no...the developers decided it should work like slow...which misses moving targets on a frequent basis as they run out of the AoE. Doom and gloom aside, all is not lost with this spell. If your situation can be shaped to bottleneck or cast upon foes once in melee...it can have devasting effect IF your assisgned melee are prepared! Example...our melee personnel block a entry way after the door has been opened...the enemy hobgoblins charge...I patiently wait for them to close and cast just as the first arrives. Tanks hear my cast, take a step into the middle of the enemy and cleave/greatcleave/whirlwind with large sharp objects. This spell can be enlarged/extended/heightened and quickened. Enjoy.

Invisibility, Mass description says: Casts Invisibility on multiple targets, causing them to vanish from sight, even darkvision... but in reality will hide you from nothing. I suggest trying this for yourselves...once. You will find that the stealth/invis mechanic in this game is left sub-par. Attacking a target will remove the effect. See invisibility above for more on the whole detect hidden/stealth/invis situation. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed and quickened.

Otto's Sphere of Dancing is the same spell the bard can cast as a lvl 4 spell. It creates a circle similar in size to the radius of haste and forces all whom cross the threshold to make a will save or be forced to make a dancing performance in place of combat until the duration expires or a save is made. The duration of this puppy is about equal to that of firewall rd/lvl. This spell can be extended/enlarged/heightened and quickened. I use this spell often. Attacking those dancing will not break the spells effects. See post #5 below.

Power Word: Blind I have problems with for two reasons...it is based on hp cap in a game with overinflated mobs (bad even after turbine adjusted it) and secondly is the AI's reaction when blinded...they have no problem tracking you down and hitting you. I will say this for it though, a blinded creature takes sneak attack dmg every hit. In my opinion, the blind effect on mobs needs an overhaul for me to go with a blinding effect other than glitterdust. A single word of power is uttered, causing your target to become blinded. Creatures with 100 current HP or less are permanently blinded, creatures with 101 to 200 current HP are blinded for 1d4+1 minutes, creatures with 201 to 400 current HP are blinded for 1d4+1 rounds. Creatures with more than 400 current HP are unaffected by this spell. This spell has medium range...and is affected by SR. This spell can be enlarged and quickened. This spell serves a purpose in PVP though.

(Updated) Prismatic Spray is a brilliant cone of multicolored light that projects from your finger, blinding weak targets and producing one or more random effects.

(Updated) Repair Serious Damage, Mass transmutes the structure of living construct allies to repair 3d8 +1 per caster level damage.

Summon Monster VII is my favorite of the summons because it can actually do something. It will make a dent in an elite mob before being squashed, and has spell casting abilities with regenerating power. I still would not prepare this spell but would/and do carry scrolls of it when in a pinch. Summons an efreeti to fight for you for a brief time. Casting this spell locks out casting any other Summon Monster spell for a long time even on scrolls. Can be eschewed and quickened.

Symbol of Stunning scribes a potent rune of power in the air. When the symbol is activated by a target approaching, all nearby targets are stunned for 6d6 seconds or until the symbol expires. A successful Will save negates this effect. This is a mind affecting spell. It will not grant autocrits like other holding spells or the feat stunning blow. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened.

Symbol of Weakness scribes a potent rune of power in the air. When the symbol is activated by a target approaching, all nearby targets take 3d6 points of strength damage. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. Similar to the other symbols above. Can be extended/enlarged/eschewed/heightened and quickened. Shame max and emp cant be applied. See post #5 below.

Waves of Exhaustion. (See spells gone bad below) Create waves of negative energy that cause all living creatures to become exhausted. Exhausted creatures take a -6 penalty to strength and dexterity and move at a reduced speed. Its just as potent on a scroll as it is prepared... the spell effect is difficult to catch visually... Combine with the slow spell for great effect. Can be quickened. I usually carry scrolls of this.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:43 pm

8th lvl spells
Base spell point cost 45, 3 slots at 16th lvl.

(Updated) Charm Monster, Mass: A group of enemy monsters are charmed and will fight as trusted friends and allies. Charmed monsters get additional saves every 3d6+12 seconds. A successful Will save negates this effect.

Horrid Wilting. Necromancy. Deals 1d6 per caster level (max 20d6) damage to living targets by evaporating moisture from their bodies. Deals 1d8 per caster level (max 20d8) damage to water subtype outsiders and plants. After doing most of the new quests I can say there are few water subtype outsiders in Mod 6. Lack of potency item like other damaging spells of 8th level hinder their effectiveness compared to lower level counterparts.

Incendiary Cloud. Missing from release notes and compendium...so here is info from SRD. A conjuration (creation) [fire] spell. Last 1 rd/lvl, 20' rd spread in size, reflex save for half. This spell deals 4d6 fire dmg every 2 seconds (DDO spell round) and also functions as a fog cloud spell obscuring sight. Now the reason I found this spell missing is because I went out testing it and some others recently and came here to write about it. The obscuring sight portion actually has some game play. I witnessed the targets inside behaving odd. They would enter the cloud, attack in place at the air (becasue I kept moving through and out of the cloud), move slowly through the cloud to a random spot to exit, then retarget me and chase me back through it. Now dont get me wrong...the delay was nothing like the effects of solid fog or acid fog...in that their movement was not slowed...they just took their sweet time getting through its effects (almost as if they were actually having trouble seeing in the cloud and walking through it cautiously and continued to attack cause they didnt know if I was still there or not). I suggest you curious types to try this one out and pay attention to the obscuring effect as opposed to the damage element.

Otto's Irresistible Dance. Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]. At your touch, enemies feel an irresistible urge to dance and begin doing so, complete with foot shuffling and tapping. The spell makes it impossible for the enemy to do anything other than caper and prance in place. I usually have this prepared, works as advertised...and despite its short range, can have enlarge added. Like its younger brother, this spell bestows a -10 to targets reflex save while under this effect.

Polar Ray. Evocation [Cold]. Deals 1d6 per caster level (max 25d6) cold damage to an enemy with a ray of freezing ice and air. Lack of potency item like other damaging spells of 8th level hinder their effectiveness compared to lower level counterparts.

Power Word: Stun. Enchantment (Compulsion). One creature with 450 or fewer current hit points is stunned. 150 or fewer HP: Stunned for a long duration. 151 to 300 HP: Stunned for a moderate duration. 301 to 450 HP: Stunned for a short duration. Severely limited by the HP totals assigned to this spell for DDO. Does not grant auto crits.

(Updated) Repair Critical Damage, Mass
transmutes the structure of living construct allies to repair 4d8 +1 per caster level damage.

Shout, Greater. Evocation [Sonic]. Emits an ear-splitting yell that deafens and deals 10d6 sonic damage and stuns targets in its path. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the stun. Cone shaped like the fear/cone of cold spell, stun length is short...prob close to the stunning blow feat duration. Great immediate suppression in enclosed spaces or on tight group of mobs. I usually have this prepared.

Summon Monster VIII. Conjuration (Summoning). Summons a bezekira to fight for you for a brief time. Casting this spell locks out casting any other Summon Monster spell for 8 minutes. Have not test it yet, but so far our summons have been lacking.

Sunburst. Evocation [Light]. A globe of searing radiance explodes silently to blast targets for 6d6 of light damage in addition to permanently blinding them. Oozes and Undead take 1d6 per caster level damage. A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half and negates the blindness. Light fearing undead may be instantly destroyed by this spell. Decent, mainly due to its reflex blind effect with dmg attached if affected by light dmg. Instantly kills Vampires, Shadows, Umbral Creatures, Spectres, and Wraiths on a failed save. I have this prepared and will swap it between Polar Ray or Symbol of Death depending on quest and if needed.

Symbol of Death. Necromancy [Death]. You scribe a potent rune of power in the air. When the symbol is activated by a target approaching, one or more nearby targets are whose combined hit point totals do not exceed 150 hp are killed. A successful save negates this effect. A symbol will persist for about 5 minutes until triggered. Once triggered, a symbol's power begins to wane. A symbol will dissipate 20 seconds after first being triggered. My question is this: Would this have been overpowered without the HP restriction? Only decent use has been on the bats in the Vale quests so far. See post #5 below.

Trap the Soul. Conjuration (Summoning). Forces a creature's life force and its material body into a gem on a failed Will save. Although this essentially 'kills' the target, it is not a death effect and functions on creatures such as undead (but not most constructs). This spell requires a khyber dragonshard as a special material component, and can affect creatures of up to 30 hit dice.

(Note: The quality of the gem required varies on the hit dice of the targeted creature. Three versions of this spell exist using a spell selector, appropriate for creatures of up to 10 HD, 20 HD, and 30 HD.) Ok, I've been researching this spell and will share what I know so far...The khyber fragments needed can only be looted from chests. They are black shards as opposed to the other yellow type. 10,000 of these fragments combined in the Eldritch Device make 100 tiny shards which are good for 1-10 HD/CR creatures. Those 100 if combined make 20 small fragments which can be used to trap 11-20 HD/CR creatures...note this is the version wanted to trap the Earth Elementals for the adamantium ritual. Combine those 20 small shards in the device to make 8 average shard which is good to trap 21-30 HD/CR mobs. Conversion ratio as follows 10,000->100->20->8. Unknown if this works on red/purple named bosses yet. Only known use for the trapped souls is that adamantium ritual which takes 10 trapped souls in small shards (10 castings) on Earth Elemental (CR 7) yields: Essence of Earth. Make sure you lower the saves and SR if possible of your target through shattlemantle swords and saves by casting curse, enervation, symbol of pain, mind fog, and touch of idiocy...because I bet that if they succeed a save or spell resist the spell that your fragments are used up.

Last edited by Commodore on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Commodore Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

9th lvl spells
Base spell point cost 50, 2 slots at 17th lvl.

Dominate Monster. Description: Telepathically controls the actions of an enemy, causing it to change sides. Dominate acts like Charm, with additional Will saves every 3d6+12 seconds, but the creature will follow you throughout the dungeon.

Energy Drain
. Description: A black ray of crackling negative energy suppresses the life force of any living creature it strikes, granting an enemy 2d4 negative levels. If the target has as many negative levels as its hit dice or levels, it dies. Each negative level gives a creature a -1 penalty on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, ability checks, and effective level. Negative levels stack.

Hold Monster, Mass. Description: Hold Monster on multiple targets. Affected enemies become paralyzed and can take no actions for a maximum of 6 seconds per caster level. The enemy may attempt to make a new Will save every 3 seconds.

Meteor Swarm. Description: Causes four 2-foot-diameter spheres to spring forth and streak in straight lines toward a target, leaving fiery trails of sparks. The meteors explode on impact, dealing fire damage to targets in the area. Unlike most other projectile spells, the caster can arc these meteors if they have no target selected.

Mordenkainen’s Disjunction. Description: A powerful force disrupts magical effects on the target, removing ongoing spells that have been cast on a target. You must make a caster level check of 1d20 + your caster level (no maximum) versus 11 + the spell's caster level to remove a spell effect, and your target must make a Will save for each equipped item or all magical properties on them are temporarily disabled.

Powerword Kill. Description: A single word of power is uttered, instantly killing a target creature with 300 or fewer hit points.

Summon Monster IX. Description: Summons a hezrou to fight for you for a brief time. Casting this spell locks out casting any other Summon Monster spell for 5 minutes.

Wail of the Banshee. Description: A terrible scream kills creatures who hear it. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect.
Commodore
Commodore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down